Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CASEing for Christmas

Catherine Pooler shared a great video series on cards that were easy to mass-produce.   I added a little to her idea, and used some retired products, because they needed to get used up, but also some things anyone can still get their hands on!    Made several versions, because everyone has different tastes, and honestly, I'm easily bored!


My vintage versions use...
Tools:  Ornament Punch, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder
Paper:  Crumb Cake CS, retired Hostess patterned paper in Concord Crush
Stamp :  Petite Pairs



Ribbon:  Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta
Ink:  Concord Crush 


 Ribbon:  retired Theater Originals in Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
The contemporary versions use Whisper White cardstock and a Poppy Parade DSP from the same retired Hostess pack.   I embossed the lines on the edges with the Simply Scored (only had it a few weeks but I already love that thing!)  The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive using the Short and Sweet set.  Matching 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.




Did I mention that the card front with the ornament shape punched out is raised with dimensionals, while a 2"x2" square of patterned paper is adhered to the card beneath?   Yeah, that's sort of important to know if you want to replicate either of these cards!   And the cool part is, I have all the ornament shapes left to make gift tags with.  Sweet.

No comments: