Friday, December 2, 2011

Simple, pretty & super INexpensive cellphone skin!

I needed a new cellphone, and asked my husband to get me a basic phone.   He surprised me with a touchphone, and I was more excited about the fact that I'd be able to personalize it than I was about it's fancy features!   Inspired by a YouTube video, I got a clear snap-together case, traced through the front of it onto the back side of my Paisley Petals DSP, and cut it out.   Again using the case as a template to trace onto the back of the paper, I marked a circle for the camera hole and used a 1/2" circle punch on that.    I added my initial on a piece of vellum, since I wanted to see the pattern, but didn't want the initial to get totally lost.   Then, of course I inked the edges of everything with Marina Mist and Night of Navy.   I love my purty new phone, and when I get bored with it, I have TONS of other choices in my stash of papers.


I made a matching business card holder, too - not as happy with how that came out, since I don't have a tiny alphabet stamp, I just wrote my initial, and my laminating machine put a wrinkle on the DSP... still 100x prettier than what I found in the clearance bin at the office supply store, tho!   I had to pry off a really ugly epoxy sticker that covered the whole front before I could adhere my paper...


4 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very cool idea Linda and it turned out lovely. So what stamp set did the large decorative L come from?

That Little Nut said...

Thanks, the letter is from a set called Celtic Alphabet, not sure who made it, sorry!

Diane said...

I deffinatly ahve to CAS this, this is an awesome idea. Especially since I dont care for my phone and I still have a yr left with it. maybe I will like it more them :)

Leonard Gates said...

This is a great bblog