Thursday, June 27, 2013

Llama Ladies' Summer Blog Hop, Take 2


 It's been a very busy spring, and luckily for me, crafting was one of the things I was busy with.  I haven't blogged in ages, and I'm grateful to have this hop as a nudge to share some of the things I've been working on.  Clicking the banner above will take you to the main hop page with everyone's links, and buttons to hop forwards or back are at the bottom of my post.  I know you'll enjoy all the things my talented friends have created!



Father's Day Card
Inspired by Lorri Heilling.  Stampin Up! Brushed Silver cardstock for the metallic bits, a corner of a Top Note die cut for the mower bag, and the body of the lawnmower is made using the Modern Label, Little Labels and circle punches.  Grass with Finishing Touches Edgelits.






Teacher Gifts
I always want to give really special gifts to teachers each June, to show my appreciation for all they have done for my children and I've been wanting to make a framed piece for a while.

  • Watercolored image: For the Birds stamp set 
  • Sentiment: Touch of Kindness (retired)
  • Colors:  Pear Pizazz, So Saffron, Bashful Blue (retired, try Soft Sky instead) 
  • Embellishments:  Satin Ribbon, Basic Jewels Pearl 
  • ToolsVines embossing folder (Sale-a-bration 2013), Curly Label and Boho Blossoms punch, Window Frames Framelit,  Festive Piercing Pack - love how quick the piercing is when you use a template!


For the teacher who was always so great about sending home thank you notes every time a parent helped out in the classroom, a boxed set of thank you notes seemed like a nice gift.

  • Apple image : From Your Teacher (retired) 
  • Sentiment: A Round Array 
  • Colors: Summer Starfruit & Primrose Petals
  • Paper: 3.5"x5" note cards 
  • Tools: 7/8", 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" scalloped circle punches.  

  • Paper : Berry Blossoms DSP (retired - aren't the apples with hearts so perfect for teacher gifts?  I stocked up when I had the chance!) 
  • Sentiment: Lacy and Lovely 
  • Colors: Gumball Green & Calypso Coral
  • Paper: 3.5"x5" note cards 
  • Tools:  Decorative Label and Large Oval punches, Finishing Touches Edgelits die



Cub Scout Awards - Bag toppers 
Made a lot of these, but they were easy!   Just staple the topper to the bag, then cover the staple with a medal-thingie on the front and a color-coordinated pre-printed name on the back.




  • Compass image : The Open Sea 
  • Sentiment: Delightful Dozen & kids' names printed with MDS
  • Colors: Night of Navy & Crushed Curry
  • Tools: Top Note die, 1.25" circle and Word Window punches.  
  • Other: 4"x6" cello bags, staples 






10 comments:

Buffy said...

These are so beautiful, Linda! Love the punch art, and I want to be one of your kids' teachers. The framed art is gorgeous - and the thank you notes are perfect. TFS!!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Looks like your punches and dies got quite a work out for this hop Miss Linda. Super samples and all show a caring heart. I know they will all be appreciated. Happy Summer my friend. Hugs - Jean

Created by Kath said...

Linda love the punch art, the cub scout bags are such a good idea.

Deborah Smart said...

My gosh - what terrific projects! Love the punch art - will have to remember that one :)

Terri said...

I love the framed art! :)

Unknown said...

Oh My GOSH !! That lawnmower card is SO cute !! May have to case that one. TFS !!

Stephanie Osgood said...

Great projects Linda. The teacher gifts are very creative. Your punch art Father's Day card is perfect, so creative! You have been busy creating and everything is great!

Debbie Martin said...

Love the Cub Scout packs, I bet they loved receiving them. Great job on your punch art mower, I'll have to use this one.

Christine said...

You have been busy. Can't say which of these are my favorite, they are all so great.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow you were one busy gal. Love all the projects you made and that punch art is adorable! Love your scout bags and teacher's gift too. how cute... Great job on all your projects.
PS: I'm a little late as I'm with my grandkids too! 3 week summer visit! hugs