Thursday, March 19, 2015

March Madness Blog Hop


Cool new ideas from some of my favorite Stampin' Up! demonstrators is my idea of some March Madness to get truly excited about!!  If you got here from Heidi's blog, I'm sure you agree.

My first contribution is inspired by the soon-to-be unavailable Sheer Perfection printed vellum.  I accidentally used retired Midnight Muse instead of current color Night of Navy, but I think you'll get the idea!!  I like the toile effect I got from stamping the Everything Eleanor flowers all over a sheet of vellum cardstock.  Since I adhered the vellum to the back of the card, there's no worries about it showing through - nice!  The sentiment from Lacy & Lovely is heat-embossed in white and one side of the punched oval is adhered to the card base with dimensionals.  The other side of the oval has no adhesive, it just overlaps the vellum flap to keep it closed.



Next, I tried rotating the card, and adding a little color to the back of the vellum with Stampin' Write markers.  I think I like this one a little better, how about you?



Finally, a thank you card for my son's Den to give to the Pack Committee Chair and Pack Master at their Blue and Gold Crossover banquet, created with the soon-to-be unavailable My Digital Studio software.  Farewell Cub Scouts, and farewell MDS!!








15 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful fancy fold. Elegant.
Love the Scout card.

Gail said...

You've achieved a beautiful Toile look on the velum! Love it. Thanks for joining in the Madness!

Deborah Smart said...

Ooooh...when I saw your stamped vellum, I thought I had somehow missed something new, Linda! I just love the flowers - you're right about the Toile look. It's great to have you join the Watercooler blog hop!

Anna said...

I'll echo the other comments...your fancy card is absolutely beautiful. Love it!

Terri said...

Nice work Linda! :)

Created by Kath said...

Your vellum card is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kathy L said...

At first glance, I thought your folded cards looked like Chinese Ming china! They are lovely. And how lucky we are to have the MDS, whether it will be current or not.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Linda, thanks for being part of our blog hop. I love the stamped vellum toile effect. Beautifully done! The Midnight Muse was one of my favourite colours and I was sorry to lose it (actually I've kept it because I love it so much). I agree that the second of the vellum cards has just a bit more of a "wow" factor with the subtle colouring you did. Great job with the MDS. It's sad that we're losing it.

Jackie said...

Linda, the vellum card is so elegant. Great to show it in different orientations.

Bev said...

Love that envelope-looking card.

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Love, love, LOVE the vellum card. So pretty!! And as a former "scout mom," the scout card touched my heart. Great job, Linda!!

Unknown said...

I love the stamped vellum Toile effect, very elegant. I really like the subtle coloring on the second vellum card too.

Great job with the scout card!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful selection of cards Linda. I love both of the vellum cards but agree the second one really pops. These would be great to use for a "step it up" card class. The tartan on your third card is so bold and bright. Great choice.

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Linda! Love that Everything Eleanor card.

Katie J. said...

The vellum was the neatest idea! I'm definitely going to have to try that when I pick up some more vellum.

I'm also interested in joining your Pinterest board, Scrappin'! I am about to upload several layouts and would love to pin them to your board for others' inspiration. My Pinterest user name is llpskatie and my email is katie[at]lifelaughsandpaperstacks.com

Thanks for this inspirational post!