Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday / Friday Challenges

I combined the sketch from Mojo Monday 259 with the color combination from Fab Friday #2 to come up with this card.  I really love how it came out, maybe I should play along with more challenges!  I stuck to the sketch pretty well, but I goofed and used Summer Starfruit instead of So Saffron for the colors.



Stamps: Hello Doily, Curly Cute
Ink:  Basic Gray  Cardstock:  Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit
Embossing Folders:  Flower Garden, Delicate Designs
Tools:  Large Scallop Edgelit, Sizzix Big Shot
EmbellishmentsStampin' Up! Antique Brad and Crochet Trim
Techniques:  Sponging, Dry Embossing 



To get the more intense look from the lace embossing folder, I rubbed an inkpad onto the raised side of the folder before I embossed.   Another tip when using a die cutting machine - always cut first, then emboss!


3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

All of your layers of texture are wonderful! I can imagine it with So Saffron too! Well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh I think this turned out lovely. I really like all the textures. Very cool.
I love challenges because it gets my MOJO going, whether color or sketch...I know where to START! Most challenge don't care if it's the exact color, just something close and yours is a beauty. Hugs

PennyLine said...

Linda, I adore your card. So simple and so pretty. Very inspiring. I tried to make my card minimal, but it turned out totally not. I have to join your blog now, so I can keep coming back to this pictures. ;)