Thursday, September 13, 2012

Halloween Llama Blog Hop


So excited that the second in our series of Fall-i-days blog hops is finally here, and I'm at the beginning of it!   I know my fellow demonstrators have come up with fun and inspiring projects for you!   For links to all their blogs and all of our llama hops, click on the gorgeous banner up there that Stephanie created!

The first thing I'd like to share with you today is a Halloween card.   I love the versatility of stamp sets like this one with lots of little images; they work for treats, tags, cards, anything really!  So cute, too.




Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits 
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie 
Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie 
Tools / Accessories: 1" circle & Curly Label punches, Stampin' Dimensionals
Technique:  Faux Tearing (sponging w/ a torn mask) and actual tearing


Next is a teacher thank you card I created for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge using My Digital Studio.   Since version 2 of the software is now in full release, Stampin' Up! is donating the remaining disks of version 1 to schools.   Contact me or your local demonstrator if you would like more information.


I printed out the image from Greeting Card Kids and colored it by hand, then scanned it in and inserted it into my project like a photograph. Used the eyedropper tool to color the circles and the mat of the oval the same red as the girl's apple and the blue of the boy's book.  In the new version of the software, images can be colored digitally; so easy! 


Finally, the first card I've ever made with French Foliage!  A wedding invitation inspired me to make a card stamped with purple leaves.  What do you think?

Stamps: French Foliage, Curly Cute 
Ink: Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry 
Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum 
Accessories: Linen Thread
Technique: OSW (one-sheet wonder:  create your own patterned paper with your stamps, here I did a half sheet that I cut into strips to make a set of matching cards)

Next in the hop is Marsha, or, if you like to do things backwards, click on the other button to head back to Debbie!
   



12 comments:

Stephanie Osgood said...

I love the purple leaves. That is a wonderful color combination. Fun projects. Thanks for sharing!

Darrah said...

Yep, the purple leaves really work and love how versatile the Bingo Bits are.

Jackie said...

Love them all, but esp the fall card. beautiful.

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Linda! I love the French Foliage card. Guess I'm going to have to break down and get that stamp set.

That Little Nut said...

Marsha - I've wavered over French Foliage for a long time, but it's one of those sets that I seem to love everything I see that's made with it, so I decided resistance was futile!

Buffy said...

So cute, Linda! Greeting Card Kids is one of my favorite sets - digital or rubber - and I love the purple leaves. I've dithered over that set, too. Now I'm afraid to get it, because I'll jinx it and it will retire right after I buy it. *sigh* Gorgeous cards!

Created by Kath said...

I love the purple leaves I think I will CASE it as I have a customer who buys everything that I have done with purple.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wonderful projects Linda. Love, love, love the purple leaves. My neighbors used to have a tree with similar color leaves and I wanted one so badly but my husband thought purple leaves were unsettling and weird! Hm..going to have to CASE the French Foliage idea for sure.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda wonderful stuff girl! Sorry I missed this HOP but I can't seem to catch up lately! I sure am enjoying the tour though. TFS hugs.

Debbie Martin said...

Purple leaves are a hit with me too, going to case this one for my card buffet. Thanks for the inspiration.

KatheD said...

Although I'm late to the party, I love the purple leaves, too! All your projects are great, Linda.

Terry said...

You covered a few months with those three cards! I love the variety of items used, including punches and MDS2. Thanks for adding your Halloween card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

Hugs,

Terry