Sunday, April 29, 2012

CASEing myself


We all probably find ourselves using an idea we like over and over sometimes...


This sympathy card is based on the poppy card I made for the last Llama Blog Hop. I used different brads and punches for this one, and rotated the sketch.   I like the card with these punches, but I think I preferred the previous layout.   What do you think?











Stamps:  En Francais, Petite Pairs
Colors:  Poppy Parade & Pear Pizzazz, retiring soon
Punches:  Lace Ribbon Border (on sale while supplies last), Fancy Flower, Boho Blossoms, Curly Label
Embellishment:  Neutral Flower Brad, retiring soon.


I wondered how the Freinds Never Fade card I made last week would work with a new color combination.  I ended up using Wisteria Wonder with So Saffon and Melon Mambo.

This time I used the soon-to-retire Eyelet border punch and some Basic Jewels Pearls instead of ribbon.   I also colored the center of the flower with Stampin' Pastels - I love them for quick subtle color so I'm sad to see them on the retirement list as well.   Hoping for fun new products to take their place!

Interested to know which versions are YOUR favorites!


3 comments:

Buffy said...

Well...I'm not good at voting. I love both the "poppy" cards. The one is very simple and elegant; the black one is so striking. I can't decide. And, WOW! I wish you had had Friends Never Fade two years ago. I would have totally used that set a lot more. Gorgeous card.

Stephanie said...

Linda, I love Friends Never Fade too. Made some really nice cards with it. I like your color combinations!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OOOOooooooohhhh I think they are both wonderful, but I LOVE the Poppy against the black. It just POPs off this card. Gorgeousiness!
Hugs.