Saturday, March 3, 2012

Berry Good Friend

Around Valentine's day, when I decorated a couple of mailboxes, one piece of the Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper (DSP) had to be ripped off and replaced.   I couldn't bear to throw away something so pretty, even though the edges were torn to bits, so I saved it.  When I saw the sketch at Stamping 411, I realized I'd found a perfect use for it and trimmed out a couple of rectangles.  The patterns on this paper are so sweet, I thought they'd be a good match with the images in the Lean On Me stamp set and a perfect fit to the Spring Has Sprung theme on the Paper Players Challenge.





The 2 different patterns are opposite sides of the same sheet of DSP.   I stamped the image in Basic Gray, and colored the girl using the Subtles Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a Blender Pen.  I stamped just the the butterfly portion of the image onto a strawberry in a tiny scrap of the DSP and cut it out with Paper Snips.   I credit the sharpness and fineness of the scissors with my being able to do that at all!   I dotted the butterfly image on the white cardstock with the Glue Pen and then positioned the tiny cut-out butterfly on top.  Textured card stock in Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral to mat the pieces, then added some texture with a white card front embossed with the Elegant Lines Folder.   Finally, some of the Lucky Limeade ribbon from the Sale-a-bration brochure (wrapped the ends around a paintbrush and hit them with the heat gun to get the curl), popped up the focal image with Dimensionals and glued everything to a Calypso Coral card base.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Love how you changed the circle image and made that your main image!! Great job with the sketch!

Selene Kempton said...

Total gorgeousness! I love how clean your design is. It's AWESOME! Thanks for joining us this week on stamping 411!

Ann Schach said...

Very cute! I love the designer paper and the precious image! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Heidi Boos said...

Linda, What a sweet card! I am just loving the cute little girl with the tiny butterfly, which definitely reminds me of Spring! I agree with your comment on the Paper Snips...love those little scissors!! I didn't know that trick about curling the SAB ribbon. I'll definitely be giving that a try...it's such a fun touch! Thanks for joining us for the Spring challenge with The Paper Players.

~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

That Little Nut said...

Thanks for your kind comments. The curling trick works with almost any ribbon.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Such a sweet card, thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Love the curling ribbon!! Adds the perfect touch!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So very sweet. Thanks for playing along.

Nance Leedy said...

These colors are perfect for that sweet little image and what a cool tip about curling the ribbon! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!