Monday, March 12, 2012

Lean on Paisley

This is a variation of a sympathy card I created for a friend who recently lost a close furry friend.   

I don't have a toile stamp, but wanted to create that type of a background, so I used the images from Paisley Petals on a 4" x 5 1/4" white cardfront.    I made the black band across the center of the card using the Adorning Accents Edgelit die and coordinating embossing folder on a 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" strip of Basic Black cardstock.   I found that cutting the strip of CS to size first really helped to keep the final edges from being crooked.    I have Lean on Me in clearmount, so I've cut the sentiments apart from the images; easy to use them separately or together that way.  To be sure that the sentiment and frame stamps were aligned,  I stamped the sentiment first, then used the Decorative Label punch, and finally, placed the Four Frames stamp face-up on the table and pressed the punched shape down onto the inked stamp.   I have not got the hang of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig, so this alternate method worked for me.  I thought just 2 little Basic Jewels rhinestones made the card prettier without detracting from the fact that it's a sympathy card... what do you think?   The punched sentiment is attached with dimensionals.   I forgot to take a pic of the inside - I'll add that later.

No comments: