Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spring-a-bration February blog hop





For our Spring-a-bration theme, I used the Sale-a-bration exclusive set, Feeling Sentimental, and used markers to ink the ferris wheel stamp in a fun, spring-y rainbow.  I also accidentally discovered a new baby wipe technique!  I was cleaning damp glue off my card front *sigh* and the wet wipe touched the ink on my sentiment and smudged it.  Rather than tear it off, I tried smudging the ink a bit more instead, and I think it has a neat, dreamy look to it.   I also used the Occasions Piercing templates available in the Spring Catalog for the banner shape.

The rainbow colors are Raspberry Ripple, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery & Daffodil Delight.

Just a tip for saving cardstock - before adhering the layers, use the paper trimmer to  
cut out the center of a mat layer for use in a later project.


I love Chinese New Year because it gives me an excuse to heat emboss in gold on red.  I used a 4"x 5" piece of Cherry Cobbler and heat embossed the image from Pleasant Poppies.  Cut that into thirds, dragged all the edges through a freshly-inked Versamark pad, dipped the edges into the gold embossing powder, hit them with the heat gun and mounted each piece with Stampin' Dimensionals onto a Cherry Cobbler base.  I may add a sentiment later, depending what I use the card for - any suggestions?




Hope you enjoyed these cards, please take a look at the lovely Spring-a-bration projects from my fellow demonstrators by using the buttons to hop from one blog to the next!






This is why I posted pics a day late...
Did not expect to be spending my day fixing my refrigerator.  That was sorta creative, but really nothing to do with Stampin' Up!    I have the project ideas in my head, but not finished in paper.


Spent a few hours this morning cleaning out the innards and lubricating the motor - took this pic to ask my Dad about how the fan blade is supposed to come off.   Apparently this thingie is called a sheet metal nut.  It's gone now, as I spent the afternoon tracking down the part, and the evening installing the new fan motor.
After all that, I really hope that it's all fine and we don't end up having to replace the fridge.

11 comments:

Stephanie Osgood said...

Sorry to hear about the fridge and can't wait to see what you have created!

Jackie said...

Wow! repairing your own fridge?? Much more creativity than card making.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

GREAT stuff! Love the multi colored wheel! Very cool and replacing your frige innerds??? wow
hugs

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful projects, Linda, so worth the wait.

Susan said...

Love your colors, Linda. Nice job!

Christine said...

Really love your cards. My daughter especially loved the poppy card. Great tip about the mat, too.

Created by Kath said...

I love the poppy card.

Donna said...

Your ferris wheel card is soo pretty and I like your sentiment too. Great heat embossed card also. Cool that you dragged the edges through your VM pad to get that very cool, raised, gold embossed edge!!!!
I am so sorry about your fridge troubles and that you had to spend so much time working on it but also... impressed you are at the task! Good for you!!!! I hope it's fixed for a long time now!!! Best to you, Donna (SC)

Debbie Martin said...

Love how your booboo turned into a great new technique! Love the poppy card and sorry about the frig.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you're repairing your fridge. I tried repairing my laptop and my bathroom sink. I'm not saying these attempts were failures, as I ended up with a new sink and a new laptop. I'd better stay away from the fridge!

So these were so worth waiting for. I absolutely LOVE your "sentimental" card - and the smudging is perfect! What a great accident!

KatheD said...

Your corrected smudging is wonderful - looks just like it was meant to be that way, and goes perfectly with the lovely multi-colored ferris wheel. Beautiful poppy card, as well!