Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Teacher-themed Card Carrier

I love my kids' schools. So. Much.  Their teachers are just wonderful and I love it when I can find time to make them a gift.   This year, instead of a plain-Jane box of note cards, I wanted to make a case that was just as cute and useful.  I'm glad I stocked up on this Fruits and Flowers DSP while it was still available; the apples with heart-shaped cores are so perfect for elementary-school teachers, don't you think?



Just a little bow to keep the holder closed provides a little embellishment 
without covering too many apples!



Rather than cover any of that adorable pattern, I put an inspirational quote from the Pursuit of Happiness stamp set on the spine of the "book".  I put some sticky strip on the seam between the white and patterned paper so the ribbon would stay covering it.


Inside I made some matching thank you cards and monogrammed note cards.



Also included a few that weren't so teacher-y...



The DSP coordinates with Calypso Coral and Gumball Green, the colored cards are Kiwi Kiss stamped in Old Olive.

Stamp sets:
     Thanks from Perfect Punches
     Swirls from Everything Eleanor
     Thank you from Lacy & Lovely
     Hello from Fresh Vintage
     Monogram from Lovely Letters

I'm going to post a tutorial for the card holder in a day or two.  Pretty quick to put together once I figured all the measurements.  Who would you make one for?

Edited: Click here to go to the full tutorial!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great gift! I can imagine other themes and have people who would love this as a gift.

Unknown said...

these are awesome love the carrier... what a great gift