Tuesday, April 18, 2017

CAS(e) 217 & LIM 324

This was a fun one!   I colored the flowers from Beautiful Bunch (retired) with SU!'s chalk pastels (also retired); why did they discontinue those?  I love the soft look, even if they are a little messy.  I used the coordinating Fun Flower punch (retiring soon!) to make a mask so the chalk didn't end up all over the front of the card.   Finally, MISTI to the rescue for that nice, straight sentiment! I never could get the Stamp-a-ma-jig to work for me.  Yes, it took a little patience, but without the MISTI it wouldn't have mattered HOW long or how careful I was, that sentiment would have been crooked and my card would have looked yuck.  Now, it's YILM!!



Created for the CAS(e) this Sketch and Less is More Challenges!


7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

That Little Nut said...

Thank you!

Susan said...

Such beautiful soft flowers. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Esther said...

This is lovely! The cluster of flowers is gorgeous and I love the dimension added by the die cut ones. Perfect sentiment too - how did we live before the MISTI?! :p Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning and elegant blooms. Your colouring is awesome and loving all that added dimension. A perfect Spring card and although it's for a sad occasion it's a real beauty - I'm sure the recipient will appreciate it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less is More this week. x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Those florals look so delicate and graceful! A gorgeous layout and the added dimension is the perfect embellishment. Ha! Even WITH my misti I would not have got the sentiment that straight - you've managed perfect stamping here! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card! Thanks for all your details, too! :)