Sunday, February 12, 2012

Elementary Enchantment

Today's project is a suite of similar cards I created for a swap with some of my dear llama friends.   Huh?   She's friends with llamas... and they can make cards?    I am and they do, gorgeous ones, in fact, that I'll share with you another day (here and here).


For now, I'll show you some cards I made for them using my FREE Sale-a-bration goodies - Designer Series Paper and stamps.  


I used the Everyday Enchantment papers with Soft Suede card stock.   I used the Framed Tulips embossing folder to create a border around the Designer Series Paper.  Click here to see a tutorial on how this was done.   "Hello" and the awesome teeny birdie are from the Elementary Elegance stamp set.   They're done in Bashful Blue and Lucky Limeade to coordinate to the paper.   Punched out with Curly Label, sponged a little with Soft Suede ink, and adorned with a few Stampin' Up! self-adhesive pearls.

Please pretend you don't see the ugly cardboard boxes on either side!

This one used the Scallop Trim Corner punch instead of Curly Label.




  

 In retrospect, I think this last one would have looked nicer with the sentiment in Poppy Parade, what do you think?



11 comments:

Created by Kath said...

What do I think? I thinks I am glad I received one :).

That Little Nut said...

You're very welcome!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I loved your cards and commented on your post, but I would love to know how use that EF in the center without leaving marks from the rest of the folder? Nice job. hugs

Diane (fionna51) said...

Lovely cards! I would also like to know just how you did the embossing. I figure my ancient, big red sizzix machine will again come in handy, but sure would like some hints.

lakeshearers said...

Yes! Please tell us how you got them to line up so straight with the embossing folders... can't wait to see!

Barbara said...

This is a neat effect with the folder. is the front three separate pieces?

That Little Nut said...

Barb, there's just one piece of Soft Suede cardstock. The only real challenge to doing this isn't keeping the embossing off the back of the card as much as it is getting it straight. I made a good number of crooked ones before I figured it out. I've tried to write out an explanation, but I don't think it's very clear on it's own, so I'm planning to take a couple of photos and post a brief tutorial tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

Lisa Butler said...

I love this idea. Would like to know more about how you used the embossing folder to accomplish this look.

Amanda Corbet said...

These cards are stunning! I love how you used the embossing folder. I'm totally using this technique for a make and take! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love love love these cards!! Thanks for sharing how you did the embossing too!!

I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #55 with a link back to your blog on 3-4-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

That Little Nut said...

Tiffany,
Thanks! Can't wait to see your blog tomorrow.