Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day punch art

I was totally stumped on what to use for my father-in-law's card this year until I saw this golf card over on Kathe's blog.   Finally, a perfect idea where before I had none!  I changed a few things, and I'm pretty happy with how my interpretation came out, although I can think of a couple things I would do differently if I made another.



If you CASE this, please leave a comment here with a link so I can see your version, too!


Click here to see the card I made for my handy Dad!


DIRECTIONS:
I started with some scraps of Certainly Celery card stock and tore the edges to make the grass (or "the green" or whatever!).  I used the retired Medium Oval Punch for the hole and the 3/4" circle punch for the golf ball.  I ran the white circle thru the Big Shot with the retired polka dots Texturz plate and sponged the debossed side with a tiny bit of Basic Gray.   I attached it to the Bashful Blue card base with a dimensional, then ran my finger around and around the edges of the ball to give it a curved shape.  The flagpole is a scrap strip inked direct-to-paper with Chocolate Chip and Soft Suede.   Pennant Builder Punch for the flag, curved with the bone folder and attached with 1/2-dimensionals.   To make the bushes, I punched a Scalloped Oval and a scalloped triangle (Pennant Builder Punch) from Certainly Celery and sponged with Garden Green.   I was going to use a scalloped circle for the sun until I remembered Every Little Bit has a cute sun, so I stamped him in Pumpkin Pie on Daffodil Delight, cut him out and mounted him with a dimensional.   With such a cute sun, the "Live in the Sunshine" sentiment from the Pursuit of Happiness stamp set seemed necessary on the card front!   The inside has Happy Father's Day from Delightful Dozen, but this would also make a great birthday card for anyone who enjoys golf!

2 comments:

KatheD said...

huh - I started the previous (deleted) post with {LIKE} except I used < and > but it didn't show (maybe it's some kind of html tag?) and then I couldn't edit it...I'll try again:
{LIKE} (have I been on Facebook too much?) What great ideas - curving the flag, the punched tree shapes, that CUTE little sun with the Pursuit of Happiness sentiment - now I want to remake my card!

That Little Nut said...

Glad you like it! :-)
Yes, the little pointy brackets tell the computer that anything inside them is HTML, so it won't show up as text!